By Jessica Berman
A significant other to Virginia Woolf is a radical exam of her existence, paintings, and a number of contexts in 33 essays written by way of best students within the field.
- Contains insightful and provocative new scholarship and sketches out new instructions for destiny research
- Approaches Woolf’s writing from a number of views and disciplines, together with modernism, post-colonialism, queer conception, animal stories, electronic humanities, and the law
- Explores the a number of trajectories Woolf’s paintings travels worldwide, from the Bloomsbury staff, and the Hogarth Press to India and Latin America
- Situates Woolf stories on the forefront of latest literature scholarship and the recent modernist studies
Read Online or Download A Companion to Virginia Woolf (Blackwell Companions to Literature and Culture) PDF
Similar literary criticism & theory books
Means that Melville's rejection of biblical theology reveals robust expression all through all of his later fictional prose and his verse. This identify gathers jointly a few of the feedback at the works of Melville, together with Moby-Dick, Typee, Omoo, The Piazza stories, and Benito Cereno.
During this innovative and hugely unique paintings, poet-scholar Glazier investigates the ways that computing device expertise has encouraged and reworked the writing and dissemination of poetry. In electronic Poetics, Loss Pequeño Glazier argues that the rise in laptop expertise and accessibility, particularly the realm vast net, has created a brand new and plausible position for the writing and dissemination of poetry.
"The lifeless Mouths" and different Literary Writings brings to English-language readers literary writings--several formerly unknown--by Simone de Beauvoir. Culled from resources together with a variety of American college collections, the works span many years of Beauvoir's profession. starting from dramatic works and literary thought to radio proclaims, they jointly exhibit clean insights into Beauvoir's writing method, own existence, and the honing of her philosophy.
James Fenimore Cooper's Leather-Stocking stories, released among 1823 and 1841, are typically considered as America's first significant works of fiction. right here, Geoffrey Rans presents no longer easily a brand new studying of the 5 novels that contain the sequence but additionally a brand new method of interpreting them. Rans analyzes all the 5 novels (The Pioneers, The final of the Mohicans, The Prairie, The Pathfinder, and The Deerslayer) in the order during which they have been initially composed, an achronological series when it comes to the tales they inform.
- The Divine Comedy: Volume 1: Inferno: 001
- Fighting Words: Polemics and Social Change in Literary Naturalism (Amer Lit Realism & Naturalism)
- Moses and Multiculturalism (FlashPoints)
- Narrative Innovation and Incoherence: Ideology in Defoe, Goldsmith, Austen, Eliot, and Hemingway
Extra resources for A Companion to Virginia Woolf (Blackwell Companions to Literature and Culture)
A Companion to Virginia Woolf (Blackwell Companions to Literature and Culture) by Jessica Berman